About the Selections

There is no rhyme nor reason to the song selections except that they are worthy to be used in conservative Bible-believing church services. I cannot say that all are my favorites because it all depends on the context of life at the time when Sunday rolls around. My favorite hymn is "Wonderful Words of Life" and my favorite songs are not very flashy or showy. One of the specials that made an impact on my life was very simple - a duet with guitar accompaniment of "Holy Spirit, Breathe on Me" - no key changes, straight out of the hymnal. As you receive each post just know that I'm not including what I think you have available in your own hymnal. These songs are just another resource for "new" songs or a reminder of songs that you've heard. God bless you as you use your music to encourage God's people every week of the year.

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Brush

This song is beautiful as a solo or duet. It has a wonderful message! I have this song in an old song collection. If you are interested in getting information, please email me.


“THE BRUSH”

LIFE STARTED OUT LIKE A CANVAS,
AND GOD STARTED PAINTING ON ME,
BUT I TOOK THE PAINTBRUSH FROM JESUS,
AND PAINTED WHAT I WISHED TO SEE.

THE COLORS I PAINTED KEPT RUNNING
AND THE OBJECTS WERE ALL OUT OF SIZE
I HAD MADE A MESS OF MY PAINTING
MY WAY NOW SEEMED SO UNWISE.

KEY CHANGE

SO I BROUGHT MY PAINTING TO JESUS,
ALL THE COLORS, ALL THE PIECES, SO WRONG
IN THE MARKETS OF EARTH IT WAS WORTHLESS
BUT HIS BLOOD MADE MY PAINTING BELONG.

HE WORKED WITH NO CONDEMNATION
NEVER MENTIONED THE MESS I HAD MADE
THEN HE DIPPED HIS BRUSH IN THE RAINBOW
AND SIGNED IT “THE PRICE HAS BEEN PAID”

WHEN I GAVE THE BRUSH BACK TO JESUS
WHEN I GAVE THE BRUSH BACK TO HIM
THEN HE STARTED ALL OVER, LIFE’S CANVAS TO FILL
WHEN I GAVE TO JESUS, THE BRUSH OF MY WILL.

5 comments:

  1. I am desperately seeking the music and lyrics to this song..its one of the most beautiful I've ever heard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am interested in the music of this song, "The Brush". I have search and searched for this, I sang it as a teenager and would like to sing it again. It has a wonderful meaning behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very interested in getting the sheet music for this! It's my dads favorite song and I've been looking for years!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to get ahold of the sheet music for this song ... a dear older lady in our church used to sing it with an accompaniment tape and she has since passed on. Thanks ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to know who wrote this beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete