About the Selections

There is no rhyme nor reason to the song selections except that they are worthy to be used in conservative Bible-believing church services. I cannot say that all are my favorites because it all depends on the context of life at the time when Sunday rolls around. My favorite hymn is "Wonderful Words of Life" and my favorite songs are not very flashy or showy. One of the specials that made an impact on my life was very simple - a duet with guitar accompaniment of "Holy Spirit, Breathe on Me" - no key changes, straight out of the hymnal. As you receive each post just know that I'm not including what I think you have available in your own hymnal. These songs are just another resource for "new" songs or a reminder of songs that you've heard. God bless you as you use your music to encourage God's people every week of the year.

Monday, July 5, 2010

"The King and I" - July 5, 2010

"The King and I"
Words and Music by Mosie Lister
Lillenas.com

VERSE ONE
THE KING AND I WALK DOWN LIFE’S ROAD TOGETHER
WHERE MANY PEOPLE GO PASSING BY
THE GREATEST ONE AND I, A LOWLY BEGGAR
WALK HAND IN HAND, THE KING AND I.

CHORUS
WHY HE SHOULD CARE FOR ME WILL ALWAYS BE A MYSTERY
HE HOLDS THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HAND, BUT WHAT AM I?
AND SO MY HEART SOMEHOW CAN’T HELP BUT WONDER
WHY WE’RE TOGETHER, THE KING AND I.

VERSE TWO
THE KING AND I NOT LONG AGO WERE STRANGERS.
I WALKED ALONE, NOT KNOWING WHY,
UNTIL HE CAME AND PUT HIS ARMS AROUND ME,
NOW WE’RE NOT STRANGERS, THE KING AND I.

CHORUS AND REPEAT CHORUS AND TAG
WHY HE SHOULD CARE FOR ME WILL ALWAYS BE A MYSTERY
HE HOLDS THE WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HAND, BUT WHAT AM I?
AND SO MY HEART SOMEHOW CAN’T HELP BUT WONDER
WHY WE’RE TOGETHER, THE KING AND I.

No comments:

Post a Comment