About the Selections

There is no rhyme nor reason to the song selections except that they are worthy to be used in conservative Bible-believing church services. I cannot say that all are my favorites because it all depends on the context of life at the time when Sunday rolls around. My favorite hymn is "Wonderful Words of Life" and my favorite songs are not very flashy or showy. One of the specials that made an impact on my life was very simple - a duet with guitar accompaniment of "Holy Spirit, Breathe on Me" - no key changes, straight out of the hymnal. As you receive each post just know that I'm not including what I think you have available in your own hymnal. These songs are just another resource for "new" songs or a reminder of songs that you've heard. God bless you as you use your music to encourage God's people every week of the year.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

"I Will Be True" - July 4, 2010


“I Will Be True”
words and music by Ron Hamilton

VERSE ONE
I WILL WALK BESIDE YOU
THROUGH EACH TOMORROW;
I’LL BE THERE TO HELP YOU –
THROUGH EVERY SORROW,
CHEERING EVERY VICTORY,
SUFFERING THROUGH EACH AGONY.
I WILL KEEP YOU CLOSE TO ME,
FOREVER IN MY HEART.
CHORUS
I PROMISE YOU I WILL BE TRUE
FAITHFUL IN ALL THINGS, LOYAL TO YOU.
WALKING BESIDE YOU, SHARING YOUR HEAVY LOAD.
LIFTING YOU HIGHER AND HELPING YOU GROW –
I PROMISE YOU I WILL BE TRUE.
VERSE TWO
THOUGH YOUR FEET MAY STUMBLE,
I WILL BE PRAYING,
LOVING THROUGH THE HARD TIME,
FAITHFULLY STAYING,
THOUGH THE MILES BETWEEN US GROW,
I WILL NEVER LET YOU GO.
THROUGH THE YEARS OUR LOVE WILL GLOW
FOREVER IN MY HEART.

No comments:

Post a Comment