About the Selections

There is no rhyme nor reason to the song selections except that they are worthy to be used in conservative Bible-believing church services. I cannot say that all are my favorites because it all depends on the context of life at the time when Sunday rolls around. My favorite hymn is "Wonderful Words of Life" and my favorite songs are not very flashy or showy. One of the specials that made an impact on my life was very simple - a duet with guitar accompaniment of "Holy Spirit, Breathe on Me" - no key changes, straight out of the hymnal. As you receive each post just know that I'm not including what I think you have available in your own hymnal. These songs are just another resource for "new" songs or a reminder of songs that you've heard. God bless you as you use your music to encourage God's people every week of the year.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

"The Captain of the Bus" - June 6, 2010

Bruce Frye Sheet Music
Words and Music by Bruce Frye

STARING OUT THE WINDOW,
AS THE RAIN COMES POURIN’ DOWN,
MY HEART SOARS AS HE ROUNDS THE BEND;
HE’S ALWAYS RIGHT ON TIME.
HE GREETS ME WITH CANDY,
AND A BIG SMILE ON HIS FACE;
AN ANGEL ON MY DOOR STEP,
IN THIS UNGODLY PLACE.
AND HE DRIVES ME TO SUNDAY SCHOOL,
WHERE THEY TEACH ABOUT GOD’S GRACE.

I LEARNED THAT I’M A SINNER,
BUT I DON’T HAVE TO DIE THAT WAY,
CAUSE JESUS SHED HIS BLOOD FOR ME
ON CALVARY ONE DAY.
WHEN IT’S TIME TO GO BACK HOME ,
I’M WISHIN’ I COULD STAY.
BUT MY LORD WILL PROTECT ME,
AS I TRUST HIM AND OBEY.
FOR MY SAVIOUR LIVES WITHIN ME;
I WAS LOST BUT NOW I’M SAVED.

AND I THANK GOD THAT JESUS DIED FOR LITTLE KIDS LIKE US.
IN HIS WISDOM HE HAD PLANNED SOMEONE WHO CARED ENOUGH.
A TENDER HEART, SOFT-SPOKEN, GENTLE WITH HIS TOUCH.
THANK  YOU, LORD, FOR SENDING ME THE CAPTAIN OF THE BUS.

I STILL REMEMBER SINGING’,
“JESUS LOVES ME, THIS I KNOW,”
SO GRATEFUL FOR THE PEACE I FOUND,
AND THE JOY THAT FILLS MY SOUL.
SO IF YOU’RE LOST AND SEARCHIN’,
CONFUSED AND ALL ALONE,
THE SHEPHERD CAME TO GIVE YOU LIFE,
IF ONLY YOU WILL COME.
OUR FATHER SENDS HIS SERVANTS
TO MAKE HIS PRESENCE KNOWN.

No comments:

Post a Comment